Relax, that’s the name of the game around here!
Would you like to walk on white coral sand, bare foot, feeling as if you are on your own private island, watch a clear night sky, fall asleep listening to the gentle rolling waves on the reef, catch a sundowner at the beach bar? You can swim, snorkel, dive or do some fly-fishing in some of the finest waters in the world.
Tobacco Caye Lodge is located on Tobacco Caye, a small five acre coral island perched on the barrier reef, about 30 minutes by boat from Dangriga. It is also on the northern tip of the South Water Caye Marine Reserve.
Tobacco Caye Lodge, a family owned and widely regarded as Tobacco Caye’s most exclusive and well maintained eco tourism resort and only a stone’s throw away from Belize’s Great Barrier Reef, is just the perfect getaway. You can be sure of a great welcome, exceptionally clean accommodations and the best island food. Tobacco Caye Lodge is a great location for those who wish to simply relax, meditate, fantasize about Caribbean Pirates or Spanish Galleons who passed this way, or just read in a hammock under a coconut tree.
You can snorkel, dive the western hemisphere’s largest barrier reef, or simply swim in the warm waters amongst butterfly, snapper, parrot, angel or squirrel fish. At sunrise or just before you can arrange to go fishing beyond the reef. At sundown you can fish off the pier, perhaps with a cold beer, rum punch or some other exotic, refreshing, tropical drink like a Margarita or one of the bartenders famous concoctions, or just simply sit and enjoy the spectacular view of the Belizean sun setting behind the cool, blue Maya Mountains.
Six double or triple bedded beachfront cabins, private balcony with personal hammock, private bath with hot and cold rainwater showers, ceiling fans and solar powered lights. The cabins all face the sea & reef in the east with outstanding sunrises on most days.
Diving facilities are available on the island although if one person in a group is not keen to dive and prefers just to snorkel, this is an ideal location as the snorkeling is almost as good as the diving.
A cosy restaurant serving succulent seafood, delicious Belizean dishes and vegetarian on request. A well located open-air thatched beach bar on the west of the island, away from the cabins, a great spot for watching dramatic sunsets whilst sipping a favorite tropical cocktail.
- Immediate access off the beach
- Glovers Atoll Tours (full day)
- Nearby sites on reef (3 hrs.)
- Gear rental available
- Operate with an independent dive shop
- Offering full certification courses (4 days), Local Reef Dives, Shark Cave Dives, Glovers Atoll Dives & more
- Resort Course (Discover Scuba)
- Drop line fishing
- Fly Fishing (professional guides)
- Fish off the dock
Canoeing / Kayaking
Single: US $45.00
Double: US $80.00
- 9% Government Tax Not Included
- Children ages 12 and up will be charged a full rate.
- Children ages 11 and under are charged 1/2 price.
- Prices subject to change without notice
- Private Bath
- Hot & Cold Shower
- Mini Refrigerator
- Restaurant and Bar Available on site
Tourist Notice Fees
- South Water Caye Marine Reserve
- US $5.00 per day up to 3 days
- US $ 15.00 for 4 – 7 days or $18.00 for 8 – 10 days
- Student rate US $ 10.00 for 10 days
- Tickets can be bought at Gra – Gra Lagoon Office in Dangriga Town, Fisheries Department Belize City, Twin Cayes Ranger Station South Water Caye Marine Reserve.
- It’s a fair trade with nature for you to get to enjoy its uniqueness and beauty. By paying this small fee, you are contributing to the protection and management of this Marine Reserve a World Heritage site.
Reservation and Cancellation Policy
- Confirmed bookings require a 25% deposit. The balance is due 30 days prior to arrival. If booking is made 30 days or less prior to arrival , then full payment is expected upon booking.
- A full refund will be granted if cancellation is received 60 days prior to arrival. A cancellation 45 – 30 days prior to arrival , a 50% refund is given and cancellation of 30 days or less prior to arrival , there is no refund.
- Credit Card payments accepted. ( Visa and Mastercard )
- Any funds forfeited can be credited towards a future stay at the lodge.