The Green Parrot Beach Houses and Restaurant is a cozy, relaxing hideaway from which you can explore the beauty of Belize.
Situated in the Caribbean Sea side of the Placencia Peninsula with miles of pristine beach, we are on the edge of the Mayan Mountains, the lush rainforest and Cockscomb Wildlife Sanctuary with the world’s only Jaguar Preserve.
The warm tropical breezes will carry you away to the adventures of your dreams, from cloud watching in a hammock, to coral reef diving, to exploring ancient Mayan ruins and so much more – Glass bottom canoes, kayaks, and bikes are just some of the complimentary items made available for our guests to use during their stay with us.
The resort is comprised of 8 cozy cabanas. Each one has a view of the Caribbean Sea and a large deck with a hammock for relaxing, hot water and fresh drinking water that comes from filtered rain water.
There are 2 Thatched Roof Cabanas capped with aromatic bay leaf featuring: a queen sized bed, a small refrigerator, and an indoor bathroom with an exotic outdoor secluded shower. Suitable for 2 adults.
There are 6 Beach Houses featuring: a loft bedroom with a ceiling fan and a queens sized bed, a sofa bed in the lounge area, a kitchenette (small refrigerator and hotplate), and a bathroom with an indoor shower. Suitable for up to 4 people.
Our small, intimate resort allows for the most personalized service. From the beginning to the end of each day, our friendly staff will attend to your every comfort and need. Enjoy a relaxing massage. Our Spa Services come right to your door, dock, deck or beach.
We pride ourselves in having very clean accommodations. Your comfort is our 1st priority! Our traditional rustic cabanas were built by the Mennonites and create a natural, tropical atmosphere. All cabanas are of wood construction and are elevated off the ground for good air circulation. Your cabana provides a soothing shaded retreat after a day in the sun.
All units have views of the Caribbean Sea that is just steps from your door, a large deck with a hammock for relaxing, fans to accentuate the cooling Caribbean breezes, hot water and fresh drinking water.
Our Sea Grape and Parrot House thatched roof cabanas are very comfortable for 2 adults. They each have a queen sized bed, an indoor bathroom, and hot water outdoors showers, enclosed and private. These are very popular for they give a great sense of the tropical nature of Belize.
The 6 beach houses feature a loft bedroom with a ceiling fan and a queen sized bed, a sofa bed in the lounge area, a kitchenette, and an indoor bathroom and shower. They comfortably accommodate up to four people.
Services and Amenities
Free continental breakfasts and shuttle service to & from the Placencia airport.
Free for guests to use during their stay with us: resort beach loungers & thatched umbrellas, kayaks, glass bottom canoes, bicycles, volley ball equipment and more.
Book exchange library
We provide books and games for guest use, if they are relaxing at the resort for the day. Books are hard to obtain in Belize, so if you bring your own paperback book, when you are finished, exchange it for one of ours. Feel free to leave books with us to add to the library. Linda is a big book reader, and she recently acquired a Kindle and loves it!
Our Spa Services come straight to your door, dock, deck or beach. Massage minimum 1 hour.
- Hot Stone therapy
- Indian Head Massage
- Pamper Your Feet
- Body Wraps and Scrubs
A computer system is set up in the Front Office. You can send your e-mail and print e-mails you receive. Cost $2/message. Also you can use this computer for a minimal fee. We also have wi-fi available with 3g service coming soon.
Housekeeping will wash small loads of laundry. (Charges depend on load size).
There are no telephones in the beach cabanas, but you can make a call home with a Belize prepaid phone card (available at our office). Some cell phones may not work in our area.
Electrical outlets have 110 volts A.C., same as North America. The resort also has its own backup generator. It’s a good idea to bring a flashlight and fresh batteries with you.
We have a wonderful Restaurant and bar on-site for your convenience, providing service both inside and beach side.
- Fresh hot coffee is ready by 7 a.m.
- We offer a complimentary continental breakfast to our guests.
- A complete breakfast menu is also available.
- Breakfast is served from 7 – 9:30 a.m.
- Lunch is served from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Dinner is served from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Prices range from $5.00 to $20.00 US.
So you will experience the most memorable of the Caribbean’s Local Tropical Bounty, our menu changes daily and we request that you let us know early each day which meals you plan to have with us. We never serve left-overs!
Groceries and Cooking
The grocery store down the road has a limited selection of food. We work very hard to gather our cooking ingredients from all over Belize. It is not realistic to plan on going to the local market and cooking full meals in the Beach cabanas. Snacks and lunch food are a great idea if you are so inclined.
Some of our Specials
Snapper with Papaya Salsa, Pineapple Rum Chicken, Belizean Rice and Beans, our gourmet pizza and much more. Please advise the staff if you have special dietary needs so we can be sure to accommodate you.
If you catch some fish, our chef will be happy to prepare it for you.
Our Beverages Feature
- From the bar – the celebrated local Belikin beer on tap.
- The Green Parrot’s famous rum punches.
- Exotic drinks served in a fresh pineapple or coconut shell (from the Green Parrot trees!).
- Traditional liquors with or without mixers.
- Wine by the glass or the bottle.
- Other drinks include – fresh local fruit juices, soft drinks, and bottled water
We collect and filter rain water for each Beach Cabana so that drinking water is safe and tastes good! You can buy bottled water in the restaurant if you like.
Complimentary Resort Activities & Equipment
We will be happy to book on your behalf, any tours you would like to take.
- Hammocks, Loungers, and Thatched Umbrellas for cloud watching and Sun-Soaking.
- Observation Tower where you can see for miles in every direction.
- Dock and Decks for lounging on or departing for a boat tour.
- Glass Bottom Canoes – A 25-minute paddle to False Caye, a mangrove caye with inner lakes surrounded by coral and tropical fish.
- Swimming and floating in the clear aqua waters of the Caribbean Sea just steps from your door.
- Volley Ball Equipment to use for an energetic game on the beach or in the water.
- Tropical Breezes, perfect for kite flying – bring your own!
- Snorkeling – Snorkel Gear – We try to keep various sizes, but you can bring your own. Tours provide equipment. Check out our new Featured Diving Sites
- Kayaks – Both one person and double.
- Bicycles – Three miles to Seine Village and Seven miles to Placencia Village.
- Hiking is interesting and invigorating wherever you go from here – bring good hiking shoes.
- Fishing – Bring your own gear.
Local fisherman suggestions for rod and line
- Fly Fishing – 10 or 12 weight rod required. Line weight, sink tip and intermediate. Fly line with 80 lbs test.
- Bonefish – 8lbs rod with Bonefish leader. Line 8-16 lbs test. Permit – 9 or 10 lbs test rod with same size Bonefish leader.
Local fishermen’s suggestion for Flies and Lures
- Bonefish flies – Charlie’s venous colors.
- Permit flies – Crabs venous colors.
- Tarpon flies – Black & Red Caribbean Lobster.
- Spin casting – Broke back Rebels 6-inch size. Rattle trap various size 7amp; color. Rapalas sinking magnum CD 14.
Likely Catch Peak Seasons
- Tarpon May-September. The prime areas around Placencia include: Crow’s Nest Caye, Normal Caye, Moho Caye and Tarpon Caye.
- Bonefish April – November. Mongrove-lined lagoons and flats, river mouths around Placencia.
- Permit March-May. Flats close to reef and in lagoon and river channels and holes; larger fish found from Placencia to Punta Gorda.
Tours & Day Trips
We can book these for you but prices vary and are set by the tour guides.
*Tour prices are set by the Tour Companies and generally run between $60 – $185 US for each person.
Scuba Diving and Snorkeling the Coral Reef
The Belize Coral reef is the second largest in the world. 180 uninterrupted miles long stretching the entire length of Belize. The reef is home to more than 100 coral species, over 5000 species of fish and hundreds of invertebrates, many of which are rare and endangered. This is a snorkeling and scuba diving paradise. No spear guns are ever allowed. Check out our new Featured Diving Sites
Whatever style you choose, from deep sea to trolling, you might catch Permit (a popular local fish), grouper, or snapper to name just a few. And the Green Parrot Chef will be happy to prepare your catch for you. On fishing tours, equipment is provided for you.
Monkey River Boat Tours
Take a boat ride up the Monkey River. Look and listen for the large population of Howler Monkeys. You will also see many other wild species such as Crocodiles, Spider Turtules, Tropical Birds of many kinds, and Exotic Flowers and Plants. Be sure to bring your camera and binoculars for this one!
Cave Tubing and Exploring
Join a group gently floating through one of many Belizean caves, see underground waterfalls, magnificent rock formations, and actual Mayan artifacts preserved over hundreds of years. After cave tubing, take a swim in a pool of clear fresh water listening to the rush of a nearby waterfall.
The only one in the world. Tours are interesting and fun but remember, Jaguars are nocturnal animals and generally sleep during the day.
Explore the Mayan Ruins and get a feel for the life of these once prominent people.
Some of the other popular possibilities include: Banana Plantations, Birds of Belize, Border Shopping, Horseback Riding, Day Sailing, Scarlet Macaw, Zip Line.
For your dream wedding, it is hard to find a more romantic resort location on earth. Tropical Caribbean breezes, palm trees, sandy beaches, lush beautiful flowers, and charming accommodations. What more could you ask for? The Green Parrot and Belize has it all! Imagine the view from your queen size bed … white sand, palm trees and the Caribbean Sea … let us assist you in your wedding plans. Have the wedding on the Green Parrot Dock, walk down the “aisle” through the flowered woven palm archway! Your reception dinner will be memorable whether in the Restaurant or on the beautiful beach where you can spend the evening dancing on the sand.
Wedding Plans and Costs
It all depends on you! We can accommodate just the wedding couple or larger groups. We will work with you to design the wedding to fit your desires and budget. And we will handle all of the Belize paperwork for you.
Before you can marry in Belize, the government requires that you must be in the country a minimum of 4 days beforehand. Keep this in mind when doing your planning.
Romance Special – Honeymoon/Anniversary Package
Only $1,595.00 US per couple!
- 5 Night Accommodation at the Green Parrot for 2 persons
- Tropical beach cabana (Parrot or Seagrape) w/outdoor shower
- Round trip airfare for 2 from Belize City
- Romantic candlelight dockside dinner for 2 (weather permitting).
- Monkey River Tour for 2
- Champagne Breakfast (one morning) in Cabana for 2
- Airport transfers from Placencia air strip to Resort
- Moonlight beaches & Tropical Breezes!
- Treat yourselves and your wedding party to luxuriant spa services brought right to your cabana door.
- Massage, ( 1 hour minimum )
- Hot Stone Therapy
- Indian Head Massage
- Pamper Your Feet
- Body Wraps and Scrubs
Beach Houses, The Seagrape and The Parrot House Cabanas
(rate per night up to double occupancy)
- Low Season $150.00 US May – October
- High Season $170.00 US November to April except Holiday Season $185.00 (US during the Weeks of Christmas and New Years.)
Add 9% Hotel Tax and 12% Service Charge to the above rates.
- Double Occupancy
- Free! Continental Breakfast for two. Placencia airstrip transfers.
- Additional charges for over double occupancy:
- Children under 12 $5 US per day, Guests 12 and older $10 US per day per person.
- VISA or MasterCard needed to confirm Reservation.
- Payment of charges is preferred by travelers checks.
- Charged when reservation confirmed: 1 Night Non-Refundable Deposit, and Flights booked by Green Parrot.
- Charged 45 days prior to arrival date: Balance of Accommodation Charges.
- Full refund if request is made 21 days or more before the reservation arrival date, (minus the non-refundable deposit and airfare.)
- Refunds will be granted during the holiday season, only if the unit is rebooked.